Sunday, September 11, 2011

Introducing...Hart Hewlett!!


Name: Hart Harris Hewlett
Hometown: Born in Salt Lake City, Utah
Current City: Atlanta
College: University of Georgia
Major: Advertising
Occupation (if applicable): 6th grade teacher at the Schenck School; teaching math, leadership, writing, grammar, and social studies
Connection to the Queen: avid worshiper and friend of Abby's
One "Must Have" for the 3-Day: underwear and white wine
Favorite Quote: "Life isn't fair, that's why bras come in different sizes
Favorite Elementary School Memory: Running for class president in 5th grade with the campaign slogan "Woman of America, Hear Me ROAR! " (and then I actually growled like a lion)
Favorite Craft project you've ever made or had given to you by someone: My favorite craft project was stolen off of a blog from a sorority sister. She is my idol (Laura Bolton) and I would copy anything she did. She showed me how to make small, paper mache birds, covered in magazine clippings. I have a virtual aviary because of her. My paper birds live in my bookcase, in my kitchen, in the plants, and top wedding presents.
Funny Story/Memory of the Queen and/or one of her kids: Miss Jean was FAMOUS for wearing her christmas sweaters. Every year at our high school bible study christmas party, she would grace the room with some sort of cotton, red and green, feathers, sequins, and smiling grinch sweater. Any hoo, one year I gave Miss Jean a compliment on her fluffy, light up sweater and she simply said, "Hart, I'm a teacher, and parents love this kind of shit." As a second year 6th grade teacher, this has become my philosophy on dealing with parents...

No comments:

Post a Comment