Sunday, September 25, 2011

Introducing....Kate Kotsko!!


Asheboro, NC
Getting ready for our kickball debut

Name: Kate Kotsko
Hometown: Port Huron, MI
Current City: ATLANTA, GA WITH ABBY!
College: UGA!
Major: Social Work
Occupation: Recruitment Manager at Teach For America
Connection to the Queen: one of the Queen's many admirers/Abby's college roommate
One "Must Have" for the 3-Day: I think I will bring my Jean bag. She made me this kick butt, homemade bag in college. I absolutely love this bag - one of my fave gifts EVER!
Favorite Quote: "it's a thing that happens to you. when a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but really loves you, then you become Real." -The Velveteen Rabbit
Favorite Elementary School Memory: One time a clown came to our school, and he chose me out of all the little kids to be his "special helper" during his magic/clown show. Well, it turns out I'm terrified of clowns. I bravely walked up to go help him, then I simply burst into tears and had to be taken out of the gymnasium by one of my teachers.

Favorite Craft project you've ever made or had given to you by someone: Actually, I think I would choose all my homemade gifts I gave to my fam for Christmas. One time I painted a plaque for all my siblings and pasted the poem, "I Carry Your Heart" by e.e. cummings on the plaque with a picture of us as little ones. They probably threw it out, but I thought it was nice!
Funny Story/Memory of the Queen: In college, Abs and I bonded over the fact that our families both still used colored Christmas lights, rather than the plain, boring white ones. Abby quoted her mother's reasoning for the colorful lights to me, "We celebrate diversity in this house." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment